Monday, February 20, 2012
Yes, after long last, we finally have a new issue, and it's a big one.
What will you find?
- A profile on musician Ryan Johnson
- A profile on artist/musician/producer Corey Fisher
- Tyson Habein discusses the possibilities and current strides being made for hip hop in Montana
- Contributing photographer Seth Dahl presents his photo essay, "Colorado River"
- A photo roundup of our New Year, New Art party held January 25th
- February's First Friday Art Walk, with highlights including Jeff Dawson, Levi Johnson, Sterling Washington, Janice Oehlke, and Josh Wilkinson
- In Liner Notes, Sara Habein reviews both Dana Jo Forseth's Driven EP and Jonathan Ravenscroft's self-titled debut.
Do check it out!
TIP FOR VIEWING: Because this is a PDF file, it can sometimes be slow to load online. For best viewing, right click and 'Save link as' to your computer. It looks better viewed in Acrobat anyway!
Also, don't forget to RSVP for the Infinite Disposable book release party. It promises to be a lot of fun.
Until next time, thanks for reading.
Edited to Add: Print Editions are now available through MagCloud:
Friday, January 6, 2012
Think you can't afford to buy art? Are your walls looking a bit uninteresting? Do you like discovering new things? SAY, we can help you with that!
Electric City Creative is hosting another art party, this time a silent auction featuring work by Great Falls artists. Minimum bids are starting very low, so everyone has a chance to go home with something great.
We'll have work available from:
- Tyson Habein
- Corey Fisher
- Julia Becker
- David Mariani Jr.
- Ernesto Velazquez
And who knows what sort of extra goodies we'll have going on. Turn up and find out.
Bidding starts at 6pm and we'll have drink specials all night. Under 21? That's all right, too. Come have a soda and put in a bid. No cover.
Shortly before 9pm, we'll announce the high bidders for each work of art, and then the night transitions into Machinery Row's regular Open Mic Night, which always promises a good time.
If you haven't been to Open Mic before, now is the time to check it out. Regular performers include Joe Ryan, Dana Jo Forseth, Ryan Johnson, Jonny Ravenscroft and more. It's a fantastic night of music.
During Open Mic, we'll do a live auction of a collaborative piece of art from the artists, featuring an unusual canvas you'll just have to see...
RSVP on Facebook here.
You know you want to come. Tell your friends, come see some spectacular work, and enjoy the tunes. See you there.